The International Federation for Home Economics is the only worldwide organisation concerned with Home Economics and Consumer Studies. It was founded in 1908 to serve as a platform for international exchange within the field of Home Economics.
IFHE is an International Non Governmental Organisation (INGO), having consultative status with the United Nations (ECOSOC, FAO, UNESCO, UNICEF) and with the Council of Europe.
The UK Section of the International Federation for Home Economics represents the interests of home economists at a national level in the United Kingdom. This website provides networking opportunities for members, the ability to advertise your freelance business and listings of available vacancies.
IFHE members living in the UK are automatically eligible for membership of the UK Section.
Find out more about membership and join online
What does UK Section offer?
- Interactive UK Section website
- Promotes freelance members seeking work
- Enables networking through our members directory
- Facilitates discussion of topical issues in our online discussion forums
Aims of the IFHE
- Provide opportunities for Global networking among professionals
- Promote the recognition of Home Economics in the everyday lives of individuals and families
- Promote continuing education in Home Economics
- Provide opportunities through practice, research and professional sharing that lead to improving the quality of everyday life for individuals, families and households worldwide
What does IFHE offer?
- Global networking opportunities
- International Information and Publications e.g. Home Economics News (quarterly)
- Online refereed E-Journal IJHE
- Congresses and Workshops
- World Congress every four years
- Council Meeting biannual
- Annual Meeting (Executive and Committees)
- Various events on international, national and regional level
- Opportunities to work on programme committees
- Representation of home economics interests at the international level
- Platform for worldwide research reporting